Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tanya - Stranger

If I were a sTrAngeR to love, would you take a look at mE?

At the train station, the heat from the afternoon Wednesday sun
envelops almost every single one of us here...
everyone of us who is eager to get onto our ride.
Gosh, I wish I was somewhere else
Maybe Hawaii, what about Bora Bora
The Atlantic or perhaps the end of the world
anywhere exotic and chilling at the same time
Not freezing, I can't stand absolute cold
in whatever form
Come on
Come on
Yeah, I think I catch a glimpse of the train already
Is it coming? Is it real? Yes!
The door opens
The door closes
The train leaves
Was I on the train?
Why not...Oh yes...I was waiting...
Waiting for you...the stranger on the bench I never knew
but fancy that I might just fall head over heels with
Could it be you...over there?
Why are you looking at me? I could feel your gaze from
the very corner of my eyes
you are but...only a stranger...how could it possibly be...you?
The One?

How would you know?
We'll never know

I look again...you were gone. Who are you?
Just a friction of my crazy afternoon imagination
Who am I?
Just a little voice in my own head
a GirL called fascination
a bOy called illusion

Sometimes a song can make you do this - completely crazy and feels like wanna be free. I love her voice. She is one of my favourite Asian female singers, apart from A-Mei. I think you could hear the truth of emotions when it comes through in her singing. An excellent album to feel lonely yet loved at the same time - a good mixture for the soul.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...