Saturday, November 12, 2005

Call From An Old Friend So Far Away

Letter Back Home - 4
The very beginning of second week
I had a close friend called me and asked, what you are doing in SP? I simply told her I have some family matters to attend to. Was glad that she called though. In fact, on our way up here last weekend, I receive a surprise call from a long time school friend, all the way from Netherlands, on my mobile. This is the first time I heard from her since we graduated from secondary school. Well, actually, we met again once, during Chinese New Year gathering more than five years back and I have not spoken to her since. We were very close. I used to visit her back in Kota Bharu. We shared our girly interests in boys, exchanging Mills and Boons, thoughts on music and life itself. Coming from a pretty strict family, who could have thought that she would marry a Dutch and is now staying there, with her hubby and son. We talked for almost an hour over the phone...it really brought back some good memories we once shared. I wish you all the best in life and a very happy birthday, on the 8th November, my dear friend called June!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...