Saturday, November 05, 2005

Life Somewhere Else

Letter Back Home - 1
Mid First Week
Life here in Sungai Petani, Kedah is uneventful...almost to the point of stagnant, for me, at least. Wished I could be back home, but obviously I can't. Minutes passed by so slowly that I could almost count all my heartbeats. No internet connection, can write but won't be able to save or transfer through emails or something, is a waste of time and effort. Must definitely find myself an internet cafe here. Am counting the days that I could just be back home, back to my old routine in KL. Now I know how it feels like to be stripped away all the material stimulation, or should I say, the urban addiction of material acquisitions and pampering. I guess the two boys feel almost the same too. Aidan said, here got nothing to do, Ryan announced that he is bored and wants to go home. I realized that I missed bringing quite a few things over, like my digital camera, my Full House CD, more CDs and some little little things which seem insignificant back home, but once you have nothing much to do out here, they seem to fill up those small spaces perfectly. No complaint about food and the rest, your dad makes sure that we are all taken care off, KFC, Pizza Hut, Secret Recipe's cakes and coffee, mainly for the kids.
I guess once you are urbanized like us, it is hard to go back to a simple life. When you are being taken away almost everything that justify who you are and the way you live life in the city, though how materialistic they may seem. It is so sad yet so true, something which we can't seem to deny anymore. With this, I end this seemingly down note but hey, no worries, we are surviving!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...