Sunday, January 22, 2006

First Chinese New Year away from KL

Tomorrow, I will once again embark on a journey far away from home, to continue my quest of achieving what is hard to achieve (at least, for me), though it is not impossible. This is, however, my very first Chinese New Year celebration spent away from KL, since I have settled down here, in this "urban jungle" 7 years ago, which I once dread and could not have dreamt to come, but have now settled down. Will only be back home early February. I hope this would be a different Chinese New Year all together.

3 comments:

Diary of Kay El said...

Dearest Jen,
It seemed like yesterday when we were back in uni trying to get bus/plane tix home during festive season or sat in airport waiting for a half fare flight seat using AYTB card. Almost a decade has passed. I feel young still. I missed those motorbike riding days. and Bukit Jambul hiking days. Above all, missed those times we poured our hearts out talking about things that happened to us. Then, it became near annual get-together during CNY. And sadly, I think there is none this year.... Yes, we have grown older and up...I hope we will not grow apart. Happy Chinese New Year to you and family. I pray that you all are fine wherever you are. With love.

JeannLiew | Luminnej said...

hi karen,

so nice of you to drop by. I was just thinking about those bukit jambul hikes the other day...tho i hv no experience at all flying home with AYTB card:) yeah, those were the days. Sometimes, I do wish that we could be as free as a bird, back in those days when u could just hop on a bike and go wherever you want, or put on my jogging shoes and just run, run around the campus...but life goes on, we move on, with more responsibilities in life. we should meet up soon! let's talk, shall we?

Diary of Kay El said...

For sure we must meet. Yum-cha time! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...