Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My Favourite Animations On TV

Animations these days have gone beyond what the mind can imagine, and further. Of course, I watch a little more cartoons on TV nowadays then some other programmes simply because my two boys are glued to their favourite channels on ASTRO - Ryan his Cartoon Network, Aidan his Playhouse Disney and interchanging between Nickelodeon and Disney Cartoon Channel most of the time. As much as I have turned adult myself, I too adore what the exciting world of animation today has to offer - slick illustration, cool actions, interesting characters and at times, pretty adult and complicated issues and situations in certain animations. The one which top my list of all time favourite will have to be SAMURAI JACK. I love the way how music and visuals are used in this one. Minimal dialogues but packed with cool actions and I just like the use of split screens and the way tensions are built in each scenes. Of course, I just loved that whole notion of a lone hero fighting evil to uphold justice and finding his way back to his own time. My other favourites include:-
Justice League - interesting interplay of subtle adult themes
Batman - cool animation of my ultimate action super hero
Xiolin Showdown - interesting chinese elements and a twist to the approach of the martial arts
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends - love the character of BLUE, so simple yet amazingly captivating
Pokoyo - Really cute
and some others
Now who says I am all grown up and can't speak the language of my kids? I guess there is always a kid in every adult :)

2 comments:

said...

Yah, Samurai Jack and Justice League Unlimited are best for us (for guys I mean). But I prefer Japanese Anime, their story are always so touching that will made my tears drop from my eyes. Gundam Wing The Movie- Endless waltz, is one the favorite with their soundtrack - Last Impression. Final Fantasy7 The movie- Advent Child is also one of my fav movie that I will NEVER get bored. Maybe you can try it.

JeannLiew | Luminnej said...

Hi Kenny,

u r such an mcp:) never knew that animation has gender boundaries??! anyway, since we are on the subject of animation, of course nothing beats the manga obviously! I hv seen final fantasy 7 child avent, not bad but not the other one. i also loved Animatrix a lot!

btw, which jap anime makes you cry?

hmmm...my younger bro is called kenny too. Ur blog is not up n running yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...