Saturday, January 06, 2007

Janice Vidal's Do You Know...

Finding a voice at the end of the year, she appears out of the blue. We listened tentatively and her voice just filled the air and subsequently filled my heart. We were immediately mesmerized. To own such a voice is something that you could only be born with, I believe. To be discovered and given a chance to share it with the rest of the world is a gift. I love her voice. She carries such innocence in her crystal clear voice, yet comes with great feeling. It soothes the mind and lifts the spirit. I particularly adore the lyrics - very intricately and most definitely beautifully written. Contemporary and classic in a certain way, she displays great controls over even the most difficult high notes. 2006 has been somewhat a mixed year. The good and the bad. That's life I guess. Nonetheless, to be able to learn to appreciate life more, to be able to realize that life can only be how precious and important you deemed it to be, is something that is worth time to ponder on. The ever changing little space between us and another individual in our life can only be understood and deciphered if we allow it. If we choose to close and push that little gap away, we can never know the possibilities of intimacy and understanding we could reach in each other. Communication makes life easy, but it is also the one thing that could complicate matters more.
Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you
Where are you going to?
Do you know?
Do you get
What you are hoping for
When you look behind you
There's no open door
What are you hoping for?
Do you know?
Do I know what I want in my life? Of course I do, to a certain extend. For me, music fuels my writing and to look within in the process of writing, one needs that little more space and time to just walk down that path, alone. Let's work towards a better 2007!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...