Sunday, February 18, 2007

A Wet Lunar New Year

Can't remember when was the last time I went around Jalan Pudu area for makan, must be ages ago. This year, my little brother, Ricky initiated our family Chinese New Year reunion lunch (not dinner) in this Chinese restaurant called Sek Yun. When we were about to leave, it started to rain. By the time we reached the restaurant, it was pouring cats and dogs. The food was delicate and deliciously prepared. It almost reminded me of my mum's home cooked food - simple yet is always satisfyingly tasty. This restaurant must have been around for quite some time for they even have a pretty old fashioned lantern hanging from the ceiling! (and also lobsters as decorations on the wall, do you believe it??) It's an interesting place to be. Later in the night, we went over to my sister's place for a real home cooked meal. As usual, my mum never fails to cook up a feast and leave us wanting for more. Thanks mum for the great food and tremendous effort. Happy Chinese New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...