Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Little Keen Observer

The best part of being a kid is having an acute sense of adventure and curiosity. You could almost ask an adult (in this case, it is usually the parents) any questions you like, or anything that flashes across your mind. The childhood I remembered was playing with my twin sister, later on with my two younger brothers, running around the huge lawn around our house (now seemed so small since the last time I went back for a short visit), going tuition, taking swimming lessons, piano lessons, and eventually playing tennis and so much more. Don't remember myself being a very talkative person. Looking at my two boys now, they do talk and ask a lot, which is a good thing, to us. Just the other day, coming out from a restaurant, Aidan pointed at the tree and asked me to look. "Mama, see...so many birds up at the tree...come on, take a picture of the tree-lah!" Well, I did. Most of the time, I hardly make an effort to take a moment off and take a glimpse of what's up there in the sky, but kids would notice such little little things which seemed so ordinary to us, but in their little eyes, are simple life pleasures, things that could excite them. I wish the child in me would always be refreshed by my two sons curiosity and inquisitive minds. The good thing about the boys is that they love to have fun, like what Aidan did here one afternoon in the kitchen. Sometimes, the headaches that they bring along melt away instantly whenever you have moments like this. Life is almost always more meaningful, from the eyes of a little kid. At times, I do miss being a kid...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...