Monday, December 13, 2010

Your Friend Forever

"I am all alone, the world out there is a cruel place, no one can ever understand how I truly feel deep down inside..."

I was at such a place, long long time ago, while growing up in a small town at the East coast of Malaysia, at a place that is so deep and dark that I could almost feel like I can never exist another second on this earth. As if everything else in this world spells disaster and ultimate sadness. Most of all, hopeless. That pain, that feeling of alienation and loneliness is deafening, and heart-breaking...I can almost feel how he feels. Owen is our character in this movie, LET ME IN, who is trapped within his own world of cocoon. To make matters worst, he is constantly being bullied by some boys at school. Then comes Abby, a skinny little long-haired girl whom he befriends but later turns out to be a vampire, who somehow protects him from all harms, at all cost. A strange sort of friendship develops, so special that neither of them could comprehend, or want anyone to know. For me, it was really really sad. The only friend whom Owen has turns out to be non human after all! Of course, secrets are meant to be discovered, especially one that is so vividly BLOODY. One can almost smell it coming...but as we strip away all the eeriness, violence and blood (I almost fainted), yes, it was creepily EERRRIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE for me, my heart was weighed down with so much pain and sadness that it affected me few days after watching it. I was completely drained, emotionally. Such a heavy film...though I love the film tremendously, I am not too sure I could ever sit through it all over again...ever again for I could not bear to be brought back into those days of teenage angst. By the way, excellent acting by both the leads, amazing chemistry there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...