Monday, June 06, 2011

A Date With Destiny

Lined up and wired, you are predestined to walk this path, or are you? Some of us believe in the notion of a bigger force seemingly guiding us along our walk of life, almost everything that have happened, going to happen have already been set, yet, there also seems to be certain areas of our lives we feel we are in control of, or are we? I belong to those who believe in both, the bigger picture and the smaller puzzles which needed to be assembled by ONESELF in order to enjoy the beauty of the whole. I may not know what's in stored for me just yet, but making a change in life can bring about a different set of results (at least, that was what my hubby told me when we decided to move, it did change our lives). I love the whole notion of the film - The Adjustment Bureau, taking on a subject matter that is so delicate and heavy, yet the director is approaching it in such a grounded and realistic manner that it made me wanting for more. One will definitely be absorbed by the incidents that are revealing themselves as we follow these two amazing characters played by Matt Damon and Emily Blunt along their quest of "changing their fate and destiny". By the way, great chemistry there I must say. It makes an engrossing love story. Which woman would not fall for a man who takes the bus every single day for the next three years hoping to meet you again?? Gosh! I would melt:) I simply love the sense of realness in the film. It successfully marries dramatic storytelling and a brilliant love element in one nicely presented film. Definitely one of my favourite philosophically inclined love stories this year, so far. I think my life is being adjusted as I write:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...