Sunday, July 17, 2005

Titiwangsa - a walk through the park


Titiwangsa - a dance theatre, directed by Ramli Ibrahim. It is also my parents' first live performance on stage. This is my second time watching a performance at Istana Budaya. The first one was to watch my hubby act in a play called Ronggeng Rokiah, directed by Dr. Anuar NorArai, few years back. This time, because of my mum and dad. They have been practising TaiChi for the longest time, but this time, they get to show off their skills on stage, in front of a large audience. The show starts with great lightings. The sets design is pretty intriguing, coupled with a good piece of music. I think Valerie Ross, the music composer did quite a good job. There were a couple of really interesting pieces of music. Sivarajah, the sets and props designer also was not bad. The three dimensional stage of layout gives it more depth and added a certain feel to the performance. When my mum and dad appeared on stage, I was suddenly hit by a sense of joy, seeing them on stage, for the very first time. It brought a pinch of tears to my eyes. Suddenly, I felt so proud of them, even though I never really told them before. The time they spent rehearsing, the hardwork, I think it all paid off for them, in return for an experience of a lifetime - for them and for me as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...