Monday, October 23, 2006

SILK (2006)

Do you believe in ghost? Not sure but I think it does exist for I believe human has energy and I think after we die, this energy remains while your body decays. I like to believe that Ghosts are all these energies that are left behind on this earth. I like this film for it approaches the subject matter of the existence of ghost/ spirits, whichever one likes to call them, quite scientifically. Yet, it does not lose the charm of anchoring some of the emotions of a few important characters. Of all, Chang Chen's character, Tung is the most well developed. He plays this sharp officer pretty well. I also find the subtlety of his relationship with Jia Wei, played by Karena Lam particularly intriguing. Too bad, Hashimoto, played by Yasuke Eguichi started off pretty promising but ended up not great at all in the end. I could not empathise with him and his intention to kill himself. Though there are flaws in the story itself, essentially, it is quite an entertaining horror film. It anchors it down with the relationship between the boy and his love for his mother, a parallel to Tung's and his comatose mother. Quite some eerie moments in this Taiwanese thriller film of director Su Chao-bin, but it is also a sad one too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...