Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Company of Friends


Life is quite strange. Most of us are working and living in KL yet we hardly meet. It takes two friends all the way from China to get us all together. Sometimes, when I think of it, it kind of hit me hard. Are we really that busy or we are just too lazy to make the move to get together. But I guess it has been part and parcel of a city life. We are too occupied with our separate lives that we tend not to think of other things which we deemed "less" priority. Well, at least, that rings true to me and me alone. What a shame. It was great that at least some of us got together recently. I finally got a chance to meet eyeballs to eyeballs with my friends' active little baby boy, Le Le for the very first time and a cute daughter of another friend. Heng even took a bus and came all the way from Melaka to make it to this particular gathering! It was really thoughtful of him. After talking and catching up with friends, I only began to realize that each and everyone of us is leading a very different yet similar sort of lives. We all have hopes and dreams, some have achieved them and some of us are still searching for that little magic in lives. Most of us have our own stories to tell, be it good or bad. Each experiences is unique yet we all belonged and live in this same big circle - the circle of life and I could only hope that with each passing day, it is more eventful and unforgettable.

1 comment:

Diary of Kay El said...

Well said, Jen! Friends are family we choose for ourselves. And I love seeing how everyone has expanded in their lives. It's awesome to see! Love, K.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...