Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Amazing 3 Divas Concert

It is always great when you can get free concert tickets. Patrick went and picked up two tickets (courtesy of his colleague) to the 3 Divas concert at Bukit Jalil for last Sunday show. I was thrilled that I could go, though I am sure he would love to go too, but somebody has to jaga the kids, right? So, I went with an old friend of mine. It consisted of somewhat like a full orchestra band, with quite a unique oval shaped stage where the 3 divas could perform. The minute the lights went off and the music flowed in, the whole crowd was immediately transported into that live performance mode. I was mesmerized by the visuals projected on stage, and most of all, enthralled by the vocal strength of these three Indonesian female singers - Kris Dayanti, Ruth Sahanaya and Titi DJ. They dazzled the audiences with glittering costumes, heavy make-up, lovely ballads and some really upbeat numbers. What makes it extra special was that they paid tribute to Siti Nurhaliza and Sheila Majid, who were among the audiences that night by singing some of their famous numbers like Lagenda and Sinaran (Siti's song I don't know the titles, haha!). Even Tun Mahathir and his wife were there. It was unforgettable simply because I had three young female Indonesian fans cheering, roaring and singing along all the way through the night, right beside me! It somehow lifted my mood and spirit for the concert itself. Most importantly, I enjoyed it tremendously. Nothing beats the experience of watching a GOOD live concert - you are bathed in the sights and sound of good music, great orchestra performances and truly EXCELLENT vocals. What more can I ask for?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...