Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Ghost of A Memorable Storyteller


Broken images, long silence, abrupt end, forever remembered. What happens when someone just left, so suddenly. I wished I knew him earlier, I wished I read his words long before all these, but it remained a wish. Distance, difference, departure, yet it left a dent in my heart, though I hardly knew him. It was only through his eyes of how the world of moving images should be - should feel like, should look like, how his characters in the films should talk and react to one another that I got a glimpse of how he sees this world. His words were poetic, his images vivid and unforgettable, his stories were always told in the most enganging manner. The sand of desert will soon cover the trail of this once important director, the cold mountain mourns of sorrows, echoeing through the depth of the long empty valleys, the many facets of an artistic creator will soon fade away but we will always remember him as one of the greatest storytellers of our time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...