Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Catching A Rainbow

Cars and long stretches of road flash by, in front of the big window. Having the very front row seat, up in a double-decked bus does have its advantages, as your vision spreads beyond those lush green padi fields, those opposite cars and vehicles that seem ever more intimidating as they rush towards you, and somehow makes you feel vulnerable. I have come to accustom myself to these trips from now on, travelling in between cities, like souls searching for their rightful place to rest. Disoriented, disillusioned at times, disfigured to a certain extend in regards to what is the ultimate purpose of my true existence in life, but it is always for the better, I constantly convinced myself. I have responsibilities, I have obligations to those around me. Living a life of an artist can never be easy, the path of absolute freedom of mind and creativity is like these roads ahead - they seem destined, yet never ending. They seem promising, yet exhausting. When I was most self deceiving, a rainbow whispered into my mind, "You will...triumph, continue with your struggle"...there was once a saying I saw on a cooking show, that resonates..."Life is short, start with dessert first"...maybe that very afternoon, amidst the drizzle, that was my dessert, and a sign...tomorrow will be another long journey away from home...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...