Friday, September 22, 2006

Justin Lim Momentum Solo 2006

It was a Thursday evening and it started drizzling when I reached this art gallery called Taksu, somewhere in the busy small meandering streets within Dato' Keramat kampung area off the main road of Jalan Ampang. It was also my first time around this small packed area. If it weren't for Justin, Patrick's cousin's invitation, I would have discovered this place much later. Nonetheless, as I approached a corner dead end road, what greeted me was this mysteriously green garden and porch, with a funny shoe rack shaped piece of work mounted on the wall leading to the main entrance. Once I stepped in, Justin straight away greeted me with a grin and said, "You are the second first person to arrive..." I was delighted for I knew I could explore the place much better without the crowd. Truly, it was a unique place to be. I met Wan, the owner of the art gallery and also spoken to him briefly. This bungalow unit turned art gallery is quite spacious and intriguing. It has quite a few interesting pieces of sculptures lying around the house, not too imposing yet significant enough to catch your eyes. They even have a small swimming pool outside the garden. Of course, friends gradually piled in and everybody started to settle into the food, drinks and the pieces of Justin's paintings on displayed that night. I was truly impressed with how far Justin has gone in his work of art and the things which he loves to do - playing music and all. A fine young guy with heaps of artistic juices flowing in his brain. Secretly, I was even glad that he is our relative, and a close one too, to begin with for I felt so proud and happy for his achievements. Some of my favourite paintings include Elements, The first Clash of Silence, World Wide Web 1 and The Polystructural Method. I love the way bold colours were used and with such passionate strokes and lines. Definitely a night out worth escaping into.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...