Monday, August 27, 2007

Agents, Actions & Consequences


Time flies. I felt it was only yesterday that Patrick and myself have attended his cousin, Justin Lim's solo arts exhibition titled MOMENTUM last September, and there we were, last Thursday, at TAKSU yet again, for his latest exhibition, AGENTS, ACTIONS & CONSEQUENCES (I love the title already). That night, we had two extra young arts "enthusiasts" tagging along - Ryan and Aidan. They seemed to be very intrigued by the paintings. Ryan loved the finger food while Aidan loved having me taking pictures of him by the paintings. Aidan even went to the extend of taking the booklet and went around the gallery to find and identify which painting is featured from the booklet! I could hardly concentrate on the series this time around, due to the distractions of them going in and out of toilet for whatever businesses that they were busy doing! Nonetheless, I managed to catch up with Justin himself, very briefly and also with a dear old friend, Sidney, who is also an artist himself. The most rewarding experience for the boys, I guess would be having Justin personally signed their booklets. My most favourite piece is Marathon. The Parachutes theme really hits me for they seem to draw me in completely with those floating parachutes in the air, as well as the very obvious naked butts staring right back at me, as an observer - pretty cool, I must admit. As we were leaving, the rain started to kick in (I faintly remembered it rained the last time as well) and it seems to secretly tell me that next year's rain will bring me back to his exhibition once again...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...