Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Dream Of A Fashion TV

I have been fascinated with fashion for quite a while, and of course, my first love, moving images. Discovering yet another great piece of work like this one is exciting. It reaffirms my believe that if you put in your passion and dedication in what you do, it shows. Be it film, be it fashion in film. I had a dream, this dream has been hovering in me for quite a while, which is to marry the two medium together, in perfect union and harmony. I find the lacking of seriousness in fashion TV in Malaysia itself disheartening, but I feel it is also a great opportunity to just venture into one. Why can't Malaysian fashion TV be as great as this one? Excellent visuals, simple yet effective storytelling. Fashion is not frivolous, fashion is a real serious business and work, the same goes to filmmaking. I feel there is a need to make it serious and REALLY good here in Malaysia itself as we have abundant of talents, it's just the matter of telling the stories the way it should be - passionately, beautifully and informatively.


Bambi Northwood-Blyth For Harper's BAZAAR from PEDESTRIAN.TV on Vimeo.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...